20 Ways to Love Your Body
1. Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams; honor it, respect it, fuel it.
2. Create a list of all the things your body lets you do: Read it and add to it often.
3. Be aware of what your body can do each day. Remember, it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
4. Create a list of people you admire: People who have contributed to your life, your community, or the world.
Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments
5. Walk with your head high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself and as a person.
6. Don't let your weight /shape keep you from activities you enjoy.
7. Wear comfortable clothes that you like and that feel good to your body.
8. Count your blessings not your blemishes.
9. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one.
10. Be your body's friend and supported, not it's enemy.
11. Consider this - Your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months. Your body is extraordinary - begin to respect and appreciate it.
12. Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and regulating itself so you can enjoy the day.
12. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
14. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don't exercise to lose weight/ to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.
15. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body, at this age.
16. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself (without mentioning appearance). Add to it!
17. Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying "I'm beautiful! Inside and out"
18. Choose to find beauty in the world and in yourself.
19. Start saying to yourself, "life is too short to waste my time hating my body in this way."
20. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.